Established in 2015 on the initiative of the Nusantara Media Development Association (PPMN) to develop the investigative journalism genre in Indonesia. The Indonesian Network for Investigative Journalism (JARING) has increased the capacity of journalists, provided coverage scholarships, and produced journalistic works through the Jaring.id channel.
JARING is a member of the Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN), an international association of data journalists and investigative journalists that supports training and information sharing. We are also part of IndonesiaLeaks, an independent platform for public informants to deliver quality news and voice public interests.
JARING's program and performance is supervised and directed by the Supervisory Board, which consists of:
• Erry Riyana Hardjapamekas, former Deputy Chairman of the Corruption Eradication Commission
• Bambang Harymurti, senior journalist
• Nursjahbani Katjasunga, Board of Trustees of the Indonesian Legal Aid Foundation (YLBHI)
• Yosep Adi Prasetyo, former Chairman of the Press Council
Meanwhile, the planning and implementation of the JARING program is carried out by the Executive Board, which consists of:
• Eni Mulia, Executive Director
• Fransisca Ria Susanti, Deputy Program Director
• Wahjuni Kurnijanti, Deputy Director of Nonprogram
The news production in the newsroom of Jaring.id is carried out by:
• Muhammad Kholikul Alim, Managing Editor
• Damar Fery Ardiyan, Editor
• Debora Blandina Sinambela, Reporter
• Abdus Somad, Reporter