Journalism and Media Studies Center, University of Hong Kong, opens registration for Online Classes on Data Journalism. This class will be held for 5 weeks, starting from April 4, 2016. Participants will get a certificate after attending the entire class series.
The material from this 5 week class will be divided into 5 sessions:
- In the first session, Simon Rogers from Google will explain what data journalism is and what its global trends and future are.
- In the second session, Yolanda Ma from Data Journalism China will explain about the picture of data availability in Asia and how to get the data.
- The third session, Jonathan Stray, a Data Scientist, will explain how to analyze and interpret data. How to identify the quality of the data and clean it up will also be taught in this session.
- The fourth session, Francesca Valsecchi from the Faculty of Design & Innovation at Tongji University will explain about the tools that can be used to create effective data visualizations.
- In the fifth session, Irene Jay Liu of Thomson Reuters will explain how to tell stories with data.
Registration is still open. Information about registration can be found at https://jmsc.hku.hk/2016/03/mooc-on-data-journalism-from-the-jmsc-opens-for-registration/.